Submissions Close 30 March 2020.
We need your help to transform this wall into something beautiful...
Here is some inspiration for you... In case you werent aware, Moorings has had a wee face lift (phase 2 to follow) and we would like the Mural to be a representation of what guests will find inside.
Remember... Bright, Tropical and the main thing - A SHOW STOPPER! Would love for this to feature on Instagram and Pinterest as many times as possible <3
Terms & Conditions:
Click link to download: T&C Mural Competition and Application Form
2020 MOORINGS MURAL COMPETITION
THEME: TROPICAL, BRIGHT, SHOWSTOPPING, INSTAGRAMMABLE.
Mooring’s and The Lighthouse Vanuatu invites local artists to the 2020 Mural Competition and help us make Port Vila waterfront a more colourful, picturesque place to visit.
Participant may submit as many designs as they can, increasing the chances.
- REGISTRATION AND ELIGIBILITY
- The 2020 Moorings Mural Competition is open to all Local Artists, 18 years old and above.
- Participant may enter the contest solo or may form a team of 2 to 3 members only.
- SPECIFICATIONS OF THE MURAL
- To make the mural more impactful, the mural should have 3D elements on their design.
- Wall Size: approx 8 meters by 2.5 meters; participant should be able to use the whole space provided.
- Originality: The artwork must be an original work. It should be wholly conceptualized and executed by the participant/s.
- Participant’s names must not appear on the designs.
- Obscene and offensive entries will be rejected outright.
- First Prize
2 Nights Accommodation at Moorings for 2 people, Breakfast Included.
b. Plaque and Certificate of Recognition
- Cash payment to be negotiated.
- Teams of Finalists
The opportunity to have their artwork printed and sold at The Lighthouse if they would like to.
- SUBMISSION OF DESIGNS
- All participants must submit the following requirements via email. Participants with 2 to 3 members must accomplish an entry form as well and send items a-d together.
Accomplished entry form (see entry form on the last page)
b. (1) 2x2 inch photo of the participant/s
c. Photocopy of School ID (if enrolled currently)
d. Mural design/s to be executed
i. Designs must be submitted in jpeg file.
ii. Designs must be at 300 dpi resolution.
f. At least (3) Full shots of any paintings done by the participant/s
- Submission Guidelines
The required file documents and the mural design (letters a-f above) must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
b. Do not send more than one email.
c. Email subject:
i. For solo participants:
[MURAL ENTRY] Last Name, First Name
Example: [MURAL ENTRY] Smith, Jane
ii. For team participants:
[MURAL ENTRY] Team Name
Example: [MURAL ENTRY] Team John
d. Deadline of submission of requirements is on 30 March 2020 (12:00 PM).
- SELECTION AS A FINALIST
- All submitted designs will undergo preliminary screening. Designs will be screened by Moorings CEO and Design Managers.
- A Moorings contest officer will get in touch with the participants in April 2020 via phone call and email if he/she/they advance/s to the finalist stage. A list of the finalists will be posted in the official Moorings Facebook page.
- MURAL CONTEST
- Winner must be available on the painting dates to be agreed. Estimate: April 2020.
- Only the approved design must be executed.
- Paint and other materials for the mural contest will be provided. Participants are also allowed to bring their own painting tools.
- Food (lunch pack and snacks) will be provided as well.
- The mural should be given a title and a short description to be written in the form.
VII. JUDGING OF WINNERS
- Moorings and Designs Managers, together with The Lighthouse will be the members of the Board of Judges.
- Criteria of judging will be based on:
Content of Concept – 40%
b. Originality – 20%
c. Creativity – 20%
d. Visual Execution – 20%
VIII. GENERAL GUIDELINES
- The artwork must be an original work that is wholly conceptualized and executed by the participant/s. Designs which copied the composition of existing works will automatically be disqualified, even if they are rendered in a different style, medium, colour scheme, or even if other elements have been added.
- Moorings reserves the right to withdraw any award and/or cash prize at any time should the participant violate any of the rules and regulations of the contest or if Moorings deems, in any way, that granting the participant the award will damage the reputation of Moorings.
- Moorings will not shoulder any board and lodging and transportation expenses of the finalists.
- Finalists give Moorings the authority to use the mural at future events.
- Moorings will not be using any unapproved designs by the participants.
- Moorings will not be removing the mural up until the next mural contest.
- Should the event be postponed due to force majeure, it will be rescheduled. Any other adjustments in schedule shall be decided by Moorings and appropriately conveyed to all participants.
- Failure to comply with the above rules and regulations shall automatically disqualify the participant/s.
- By submitting the signed entry form, participant agrees to abide by the rules and regulations of the contest.